Travel insurance: Foreign Travel Health Insurance with benefits of the Assistance
Travel Health Insurance for journeys up to 56 days
As a statutory insured person you possess a so-called European insurance card handed out by your health insurance.
Please consider that you will only be insured according to the statutory health insurance in the host country. It should be added that most resident doctors only make out private invoices that will amount to a sum above the usual.
With a private travel health insurance abroad you may provide for this case – and will not be made liable for the treatment costs.
For privately insured persons a foreign travel health insurance is as well recommendable. Not in every insurance policy the medically sensible return transport to your home country in the event of illness is covered.
For privately insured civil servants a foreign travel health insurance is highly recommendable. The reason: The financial assistance will principally not be meeting any costs for return transports and all other medical services at your travel destination. You will only be reimbursed the expenses that correlate to the prices in Germany.
Schedule of services
Travel Health Insurance by TravelSecure® provides you with the following protection:
- Worldwide validity
- For any desired journey within one year for journeys up to 56 days
- No excess
- Free choice of doctors and hospitals at your travel destination
- Meeting the costs for medicinal aids, remedies, bandages and medical treatment prescribed by a doctor (ambulant and as an in-patient)
- Meeting the costs for massages, wet packs, inhalations and physiotherapy
- Meeting the costs for radiation treatments, photo therapy and other physical treatment prescribed by a doctor
- Meeting the costs for medicinal aids prescribed by a doctor in consequence of an accident
- Pain-relieving dental treatment and simple fillings as well as the reparation of dentures
- Transportation to the nearest hospital for first care
- Rooming-In for minor children
- Care for a minor child
- Purchase of cardiac pacemakers and prostheses (for transportability warranty)
- Medically sensible return transport to the home country or a hospital nearby your residence
- Medical return transport in case the duration of the treatment will presumably exceed 14 days
- Meeting the costs for one insured accompanying person (if medically necessary)
- Various Assistance Benefits like the intermediation of medical care
- Information on vaccination requirements
- Organization of medicals aids et al.
- Reimbursement of the telephone costs with the Emergency Service Central up to € 50.00
- Emergency Service: 24 h hotline
Please take into consideration:
- No medical examination of your health
- Insurance cover is granted from the beginning until the end of the journey
- Foreign Travel Health insurance can be concluded as a single or family insurance. Defined as family members are your partner and up to 5 children until the end of their formation, at the maximum up to their 25th year of age. Defined as a family are as well couples, de-facto married couples and spouses in domestic community.